The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Physician (Chief of Staff) in Alexandria, Louisiana Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Physician (Chief of Staff) – Alexandria, Louisiana
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 5183Start Date: 09/26/2018End Date: 10/15/2018
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification. Proficiency in spoken and written English. Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience:
* Extensive clinical experience and understanding of the relationship between various patient care providers.
* History of successful administrative accomplishments.
* Leadership traits that demonstrate the courage of convictions, patience, and an ability to work with others.
* Emotional and physical stamina appropriate to the position.
* Competence in basic management skills.
* Board Certified. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary and is performed in a health care setting for treating patients with a variety of medical problems. Normal safety precautions and practices are required for working in a healthcare environment. Other physical demands include reaching, bending, stretching, walking, and carrying light loads of supplies. The position often entails long periods of sitting at a computer, rigid deadlines, the need for a high degree of accuracy, high stress situations, and the ability to adapt work plans based on hospital needs.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!