With the industry’s only enterprise class 4×4 MIMO, three-spatial-stream access points that support the IEEE’s new 802.11ac specification, the Cisco® Aironet® 3700 Series delivers industry-leading performance and a High Density Experience (HD Experience) for both the enterprise and service provider markets. The Aironet 3700 Series extends support to a new generation of Wi-Fi clients, such as smartphones, tablets, and high-performance laptops that have integrated 802.11ac support.
In its first implementation, 802.11ac wave 1 provides a rate of up to 1.3 Gbps, roughly triple the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11n access points. This provides the necessary foundation for enterprise and service provider networks alike to stay ahead of the performance and bandwidth expectations and needs of their wireless users.
Due to its convenience, wireless access is increasingly the preferred form of network connectivity for corporate users. Along with this shift, there is an expectation that wireless should not slow down user’s day-to-day work, but should enable a high-performance experience while allowing users to move freely around the corporate environment.
By Utilizing a Purpose-built Innovative Chipset with the Best-in-class RF Architecture for a High Density Experience (HD Experience).
High Density Experience (HD Experience)
Building on the Cisco Aironet heritage of RF excellence, the 3700 Series utilizes a Purpose-built Innovative Chipset with the Best-in-class RF Architecture. This chipset provides a High Density Experience for enterprise network designed for mission critical, high performance applications. The 3700 is a series of flagship access points, delivering industry-leading performance for highly secure and reliable wireless connections and delivers a robust mobility experience that includes:
- 802.11ac with 4×4 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology with three spatial streams, offering sustained 1.3-Gbps rates over a greater range for more capacity and reliability than competing access points.
- Cross AP Noise Reduction is a Cisco innovation that enables Access Points to intelligently collaborate in real-time to allow more users to connect with optimized signal quality and performance.
- Optimized AP Roaming ensures clients will associate with the best AP offering the best data rate available.
- Cisco ClientLink 3.0 technology to improve downlink performance to all mobile devices, including one-, two-, and three-spatial-stream devices on 802.11ac while improving battery life on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Cisco CleanAir® technology enhanced with 80-MHz Channel Support, provides proactive, high-speed spectrum intelligence across 20-, 40-, and 80-MHz-wide channels to combat performance problems due to wireless interference.
- Modular architecture design that is carried forward from the Cisco Aironet 3600 Series, enabling flexible add-on options in the form of the Cisco Aironet Access Point Module for Wireless Security, Cisco Hyperlocation Module with Advanced Security, and Cisco Universal Small Cell 8718 module, or 5310 module, all of which are tightly integrated with the Aironet 3700 Series Access Point platform and are completely field-upgradable. MIMO equalization optimizes uplink performance and reliability by reducing the impact of signal fade.